Below are some interesting links, places and people we can all learn something from.
- FeatherSite Poultry – An on-line zoological garden of domestic poultry.
- RBST – Securing the future of our rare and native breeds of farm livestock.
- Skye Pullets – (Donald MacDonald) Tel 01470 572213 – The ‘Hen Man’ of Skye. Can supply various hybrid chicken layers as well as ducks and geese. Will deliver in the Highlands.
- Woodstock Chooks of Orkney – Breeds: Silver Laced Wyandotte, New Hampshire Red, Cuckoo Maran, Mottled Pekin, White Pekin, Black Silkie, Indian Runner Duck. Can also supply hatching eggs. Tel 01856 781276 Sue Wright .
- Cheshire Poultry – Lots of information available, most of it in pdf format so you can easily download. Their hatching eggs consistently perform well for us.
- Gulliver Geese – Suppliers of day old goslings available from April to August. Detailed information on how to rear goslings and geese.
- Solway Feeders – Poultry feeders, drinkers, egg incubators and more.
- Home Farm Fowls – From hatching, to health and housing.
- Chicken Saddles – From the United States. Good quality saddles at less than half price of those sold in the UK. Far more attractive and interesting designs. Worth the 2/3 week delivery time.
- Donald MacDonald Tel 01470 572213 – The ‘Hen Man’ of Skye. Can supply quality chicken and goose coops to order. Will deliver in the Highlands.
- Pear Tree Poultry – Good quality housing, feed, bedding and accessories, as well as birds.
- Little Acre Products – A range of poultry housing designed with the smallholder, fancier and garden user in mind.
- Poultry Diseases & Other Health Problems – Fairly comprehensive list of diseases and their treatment.
- Welp Hatchery – A useful list of poultry diseases with symptoms and prevention/treatment solutions.
Poultry Breed Clubs/Societies
- The Poultry Club – One of the world’s largest poultry clubs. Full of useful interesting information from choosing breeds to a comprehensive advice centre.
- The Dutch Bantam Club – One of the few true bantams.
- The Welsummer Club – The official site of the Welsummer Club.
- British Waterfowl Association – An association of enthusiasts interested in keeping, breeding and conserving all kinds of waterfowl.
- Indian Runner Duck Association – Looks after the health and welfare of this unique duck and to help those people who keep, breed and show pure Indian Runners.
- The Call Duck Association UK – Find out everything you want to know about the Call Duck.
- The Goose Club – The Goose Club is open to anyone in any country who is interested in domestic geese.
- Broad Leys Publishing – A comprehensive range of poultry books concerning poultry keeping and welfare.
- Practical Poultry Magazine – Magazine dedicated to keepers of chickens, waterfowl and game.
- Fancy Fowl Magazine – Poultry & Waterfowl for showing and pleasure.
- Hatch-It Incubators – Online shop for incubators, housing and lots more.
- Brinsea – Incubation specialists online shop.
- The Incubator Shop – One of UK’s largest supplier of egg incubators. Over 100 incubators in stock.
- Highland Poultry Adoption – Helping unwanted or surplus poultry throughout the Highlands of Scotland find new caring homes.
- Practical Poultry Forum – Lively forum with lively members.
- The Poultry Site Forum – Active forum covering many topics of interest.
- The Poultry Keeper – The independent forum for poultry keepers.
- Poultry Chat – Large active forum with a very wide variety of topic boards.
- Norfolk Brahmas – The blog of a Norfolk based keeper and breeder of garden hens.
- Machine Rooster – It’s about Life and Death: of Chickens, and the Equality of Things.
- United Poultry Concerns – A sanctuary in Virginia in the States. Promoting the compassionate and respectful treatment of domestic fowl.
- Working with the Cock(s) in the Flock – Managing the social aspects of your flock.
- Working with Broody Hens – Let Mama Do It.
- Tips for incubating and raising chicks with a Mother Hen – Very useful for beginners and old hands alike.
- Chicken Fun – A personal experience in career downshifting including poultry keeping.
- The Poultry Guide – Poultry information and advice.
- Battery Hen Welfare Trust – Aims to educate the public about the egg laying industry focussing on battery farming. We re-home battery hens across the UK.
- Allandoo Pheasantry – Breeders of Rare and Ornamental Pheasants inSouthwest Scotland.
- The Free Range Egg Association – All about free range eggs, has newsletter and monthly magazine.
- How to stop your Chickens from being stolen – Stop chickens from being stolen.
- Halfpenny Farm – An animal sanctuary in north-east Scotland. Care for a variety of animals, including poultry.